Monday, September 1, 2008

USA – THE PLACE FOR JOY







It was my first ever overseas trip to the United States of America during my visit in MARCH-JUNE 2008. My trip was scheduled unexpectedly where I traveled across Asia to the United States. The journey began on the big day, that is 8th of March,2008 from Bangalore to Singapore.

To tell you the truth, one of the most disciplined, well-mannered, beautiful and scenic Airports I’ve ever seen was the Singapore International Airport. I couldn’t find it difficult to get to know things quickly as it was my first ever trip to any place outside India. Hung around a little while to make myself comfortable and then headed to Hong Kong on my next flight.

The journey was not the tough part until I reached Hong Kong. Had I not met my colleagues from my Corporate at the Hong Kong International Airport, waiting there for 5 Hours for my next flight to San Francisco would have been a tough task for me. Moving around here and there with the peers made me feel better while I was waiting for my next Flight.

The awkward thing was the In Flight journey of 15 Hours from Hong Kong to San Francisco. I was almost exhausted by the time I landed in SFco International Airport. I wondered whether I need to go to the Doctor to name the uneasiness I was feeling. Later, I came by this new but not strange term “Jet Lag” and managed to overcome it.

After I was cleared by the Immigration, the next task was to collect my Baggage to Check-In again for the Domestic Carrier which will take me to my Destination, Seattle. Having heard from so many people about the incident of Lost Baggage, I was little scared that my Baggage would be lost. But Fortunately, I had my Baggage with me without any trouble.
I again had no other option except to wait for another two hours to get on board United Airlines to Seattle – Tacoma Airport. Being unaware of the time in India and SFCo, I was totally confused whether or not to call Home and tell them where I was. At last, I’ve managed to find out what Time Zone it was and called Home.
The Final Journey began @ 17:30 CST from SFCo to Seattle and by the Time I landed in SeaTac Airport, it was 21:30 PST at night. Finally, I thought "I've reached my Destination", but it was not over yet. Travelling from SeaTac Airport to FederalWay took Half-an-Hour and finally I reached Home.! Surprisingly, I couldn't sleep whole night despite the 32 Hours Flight Journey and when I reported the Next Day at my Client's Office, from some of my Peers, I've managed to find out that it is called "JET LAG".
It Happens Sometimes...!
Happy Reading ...!
More in my Next Post...!
Regards,
Phani






No comments: